This is the third Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon event that Heather and I have had the pleasure of organizing, and I can feel the excitement in the air maybe more than ever! There’s a palpable energy on the website and Twitter and Facebook, and I’m constantly impressed, humbled, and energized by YOUR EXCITEMENT!
We have some really cool things in the mix for this fall Read-a-Thon.
- Our numbers have grown in part because of the participation of the #BookTube community! That’s right, YouTube has a thriving book discussion community, and we invited them to party with us!
- We have a strong, organized group of Dutch participants and French participants who have joined forces to grow the Read-a-Thon representation in their countries!
- We have publishers who have donated HUNDREDS of prizes!
- We have individual donors who have answered the call to offer more international prizes to meet the needs of our global participants!
- We have a dedicated participant who made bookmarks for EVERY CHEERLEADER plus about 100 more to boot!
- We have a generous contingent of willing bloggers who got us amped up this week with their tips and tricks and remembrances via guest posts!
Dewey would be SO STINKING HAPPY to see this community of book lovers from around the world come together to honor our love of reading and of bookish community!
THIS IS WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT!!!! And thank you, and you, and you, and ALL of you for being a part of it! Without you, we’d just have a lot of spreadsheets. 😉