This is Kate from Kate’s Book Nook and you have made it to the final hour (as well as the final post). Whether you have done 24 hours or just 1 hour, you have done amazing! I have had so much fun these last three hours chatting with you all and reading your posts and your tweets. You have all made this another great event and I eagerly look forward to the event in October.
Random Fact of the Hour:
The Library of Congress (Washington DC) contains 28 million books and has more than 500 miles of shelving. It would take you eight hours to pass every single book, if you were driving in a car at 70 mph. I’d hate to be the one in charge of dusting.
End of Event Meme – See Below
Nikki present Guess the Author Photo Challenge
Rachel Cabbit presents If It Were a Movie
Winners Announced –
E-mail email@example.com to claim a prize from the Prize Page!
I really wish that I could pick everyone but unfortunately I could only pick five winners. I used random.org to pick the winners. Thanks all for your participation!
Kathrin @ Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic
Isabel @ Books With Benefits
A. @ Literary Mafia
Angie @ Pinkindle
Sharlene @ Sharlene Says
Cheerleaders Winners Announced –
Tallulah (From Hour 22)
Ali (From Hour 23)
Jenn and the Cats (From this Hour)
Update our Books Read database HERE!
End of event meme–
A Readathon tradition! In your final Readathon post, answer these questions and then link to it with the Mr. Linky, below.
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Which book did you enjoy most?
- Which did you enjoy least?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
It has been a pleasure reading and tweeting with you all. Good luck on this last hour and get plenty of rest today.