Welcome to Hour 22!!! This is Kate from Kate’s Book Nook. I will be your co-host for the last 3 hours. I hope that you are having fun!!!! I know I am.
I would like to take a moment to thank my fellow co-hosts, mini-challenge hosts and all those who do the work in the background. Thank you for giving of your time and energy to make sure this event runs smoothly. Your posts are always a bright spot to the hours. To those who host mini-challenges… you truly make this day. You provide something to look forward to and a small distraction every hour. Give us the opportunity to interact with other readers. Thank you for organizing a fun challenge for us to do. And to those who organize prizes and wrote warm up posts and do all the other numerous things that we don’t even know about, know that you are appreciated and this event wouldn’t be the same without you. Thank you so much!!!
We also have to thank the publishers who help us with prizes, from big to small. Check out this fantastic post written especially for us by Adria J. Cimino of Velvet Morning Press.
Random Facts of the Hour
Anyone who has ever made these late night hours knows that I love to include random facts of the hour. So here are a couple random facts for this hour:
- Noah Webster spent 25 years writing his first dictionary.
- Catch-22 was originally titled Catch-18. (thought this was rather fitting for hour 22)
- Sherlock Holmes has been portrayed in film and television more than any human character in literature.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is the first book written with a typewriter. (Random sidenote… I really want a typewriter)
- Gulliver’s Travels described the size and orbit speed of the moons circling Mars 100 years before astronomers.
CLAIM YOUR PRIZE HERE!
Now you can celebrate the Readathon year-round with Dewey’s swag! We use the earnings to cover charges associated with prize shipping, customs charges, and domain costs.
Enter your finished books into the DATABASE!