This is Kate from Kate’s Book Nook and I will be your cohost for the rest of the readathon! I don’t know about the rest of you all, but this readathon has just been flying by. I have had so much fun interacting with the rest of you all. I don’t get as much reading done during the readthon that I ever plan on, but I have so much more fun than if I had just spent 24 hour reading by myself. Hope the rest of you all feel the same way!
Random Fact of the Hour:
Marie Antoinette was frequently said to have shouted, “Let them eat cake!” at a hungry crowd. However, the incident came from a book written before Antoinette ever arrived in France. The passage described a “great princess” and the quote was attributed to Antoinette completely by mistake. Ironically, it’s her most famous quote, and the one usually used to judge her character in the history books. Moral of the story, don’t believe everything you read in history books… or in historical fiction 😉
Winner’s Announced (these were all listed on the last update, but in case you missed it, here it is again):
- The winner of Library Experience mini-challenge from Kanaye Speaks is Sheila from Bookjourney
- The winner of Re-Reading (Hour 16 mini-challenge) from The Bluestocking Society is Melissa from Avid Reader’s Musing
- The winner of Book Appetit mini-challenge from Book Journey is A Journey Through Books
- The winner of Picturiffic mini-challenge fromMemory is Zara from The Bibliotaphe’s Closet
- And our random reader winner is Erica from The Book Cellar
I know, I know, your eyes are probably getting tired now. You think to yourself, what will one hour of sleep hurt. I will just close my eyes for a second… DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE SLEEP TEMPTRESS. I give into her lulling charms around hour 7 and she claimed me as her helpless victim for 4 hours. *Sigh* Best of luck to you! It is a fight everyone must decide to take part in or surrender to.