A little wisdom from one of my favorite poets!
I’m Shesten from I Heart Monster and I’ll be hosting sporadically throughout the day. A few housekeeping notes before we get started:
Now, let’s get this party started, shall we? *busts out in Black Eyed Peas song* *thinks better of it*
As per tradition, we start with an introduction meme, letting everyone know who we are and whatnot. Copy the questions below into your post/status/tweet and link us back to one of them in the linky below. This way, our cheerleaders know you’re awake and participating, and so do us cohosts. Wipe that sleep outta your eyes and tell us what’s up!
The first order of business is to tell us a little bit about yourself.
1)Where are you reading from today?
2)Three random facts about me…
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Here’re my answers:
1) Mesa, Arizona, United States
2) a)I pickled a half a peck of peppers yesterday morning.
b) I’m a fifth generation Arizonan. (we’re rare)
c) I ♥ Morcheeba (and Monster)
3) Uno. I would love to finish Miles From Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams, but am skeptical.
4) I want to comment on fifty blogs today. *fingers crossed*
5) Turn off comment moderation on your blog just for the day. It helps out the cheerleaders and fellow readers a ton.
Now see, wasn’t that easy peasy? Get to it! And start that book!