Whew! Do you still have a Read-a-Thon hangover? We might!
To wrap things up, I just want to fill you in on a few stinkin’ awesome stats:
- We had 494 people sign-up to participate this April.
- 242 of those participated in the Introduction Meme.
- 122 of those participated in the End of Event Meme.
- 588 books were entered into the Books Read Database (there’s still time to add yours)
- We had 31 cheerleaders sign-up.
- We had 21 Mini-Challenge hosts.
- We had readers participate via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, their blogs, and everywhere else imaginable!
- Over 1,100 Instagram photos were uploaded and tagged!
- We TRENDED on Twitter on and off for all 24 hours!
- We had at least 186 prizes donated to us… more if you count those wonderful Mini-Challenge hosts. Thanks to Vasilly for helping with this!
- We had 4 cohosts (Sheila, Deb, Courtney, Kate) in addition to our hosts/organizers (Heather and Andi, waving).
Publishers, authors, bloggers, and bookstore who donated prizes this time, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! I am sad to say that A Real Bookstore, such a generous donor to this Read-a-Thon, closed their doors for good on Thursday, April 25th. It’s such a sad thing for those of us in the Dallas area to lose such a wonderful part of the community.
Lastly, we really want to thank all 494 of you who signed-up to participate! This was an especially spirited Read-a-Thon full of genuine excitement and community warmth. Even if you only got to read for a few hours… or a few minutes, you were still a part of something AMAZING!
We’ll do it all over again in October, and we have a major goal in mind…
We want at least 500 readers!
I think we can do it…don’t you?
Without further ado, go ahead and put it on your calendar. The Fall 2013 Read-a-Thon will take place on October 12th! Be there or be square! Put in for your days off and book that babysitter. It’s ON!
We’d also love it if you could indicate your volunteer interests for October in the form below. We’ll be in touch!!!